Discussing my eating habits, I realised that I’m a PIG… or a hobbit… a tall hobbit. My eating is clockwork, I swear!
8:00 Protein Shake (after workout)
9:30 Oatmeal with Banana or Yogurt & Berries or Eggs & toast
12:00 Lunch (Fish/tofu/something…)
2:00 Mixed Salad
4:00 Fruit, Nuts, Protein cookies, Licorice… something
5:30 Protein Shake (after second workout)
8:30 Dinner (Vegetarian mix of whatever I feel like)
Added with gallons of water & green tea.
1 cup Lentils
1 can Pinto Beans
1 can Black Beans
1 Bell Pepper diced
pack of Mushrooms chopped
2 Carrots grated
1/2 Onion diced
1 tbs minced Garlic
1. In a large pot, sautee onions, carrot & garlic.
2. In a seperate pot boil lentils for approx 10 minutes.
3. Add in beans & lentils to onion mix. Not all liquid, but some. I mashed up the pinto beans a little to add thickness.
4. Add in seasoning & whatever hot sauce you choose. I found some brilliant Dragon Sauce to spice it up.
4. Mix in mushrooms & bell pepper let simmer for approx 1 hour (or less, the longer the thicker the stew).
5. Serve over rice or in a bowl with melted cheese. Next day is even better =)
I had to make 2 versions of this lasagna… my boyfriend requested meat, I’m the vegetarian… they both came out pretty tasty.
Whole Wheat Lasagna Pasta (instant)
1lb of Lean Ground Turkey (optional)
OR Vegetarian Option - 3 or 4 Portobello Mushrooms Chopped
2 Zucchinis sliced
Pack of regular mushrooms sliced
2 jars of Pasta Sauce (garlic, basil, sundried tomato… whatever you fancy)
1 tub Ricotta cheese
1/2 pack of Spinach
1 pack of shredded mozzarella
Heat Oven to 375F.
1. Cook ground beef OR sautee Portobello mushrooms with onions.
2. Add 1 jar of sauce and choice of spices - I used garlic powder, paprika, chili powder & a hit of tabasco sauce.
3. Mix together ricotta cheese with spinach
4. Lay pasta strips in oiled lasagna pan.
5. Layer up ingredients - meat OR mushroom sauce, ricotta & spinach, chopped zucchini layer, chopped mushroom, then sauce again. Repeat.
6. Final layer should be just sauce… then covered with mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle oregano, basil & italian seasoning on top. Use the extra sauce jar for the sides if needed… pasta layers should be completely covered in sauce to make sure the pasta cooks fully.
7. Cover with foil & bake for 40 min. Take foil off and bake for another 10 min.
1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 cup Oats
1/4 cup Crisco shortening
1/4 cup Olive Oil
1/2 cup cold Water (little less)
1. Measure flour & oats into a bowl and chill in freezer for 1/2 hour.
2. Fork shortening and oil into flour until mixture texture is coarse.
3. Slowly mix in water until dough clumps together.
4. Form the dough into 9” glass pie plate and crimp up the edges.
5. Chill in fridge until filling is ready.
1lb Firm Tofu
1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast
1/2 pack frozen Spinach (dethawed & drained)
1/4 cup Soy Milk
small chopped Onion
1 tbsp minced Garlic
1 tsp dried Basil
1/2 tsp salt
4 or 5 sun-dried tomatoes
1. Heat oven to 425F
2. Blend tofu, eggs, milk and nutritional yeast until creamy, set aside.
3. Heat oil and saute onions and garlic
4. Add spinach and seasonings.
5. Place spinach evening into crust.
6. Pour over tofu & egg mixture.
7. Dice sun dried tomatoes and place on top. Poke into mixture.
8. Dust over parmesan cheese and basil seasoning.
9. Bake for 10 minutes to set pie crust, turn temperature down to 375F then bake for 25 min, or until crust is golden.
I have been longing for Sweet Potato Bread for a whiiiillllleeeee now. Finally got my ass into gear and made a ‘loaf’. Then I ate almost all of it before remembering to a take a picture.
Sweet Potato Bread
1. Peel & Chop 3 big sweet potatoes
Put in boiling water for 15 -20 min
2. Add in:
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup olive oil
1 large pureed carrot
2/3 cup of sweet potato boiling water (or just water)
1 cup oats
1 3/4 cups wheat flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
3. Pour into greased loaf pan
4. Bake at 375C for about 50 min
Protein Crepe Recipe
1 1/4 cup wheat flour
2 cups organic soy milk
1 (or 2 ) scoops of protein whey
Flaxseeds ( I should have used Flaxmeal instead of seeds tho - try that).
1. Mix together flour, whey & flax then add in milk.
2. Once batter is even whip in eggs.
3. Spray pan and frying individual crepes. (medium heat)
2 Large Eggs
Chopped Red Pepper
1. Mix eggs in bowl with dollop of soy milk.
2. Fry onions in some olive oil.
3. Add in mushrooms & pepper.
4. Pour in eggs to frying pan, mix together & top with parsley.
2 Large Sweet Potatoes (Boiled & Mashed)
1 can Cannellini white beans (drained)
1/2 cup Wheat Flour
Chopped Fresh Parsley
Seasoning: Paprika, Chili Powder, Garlic Salt & Nutritional Yeast
1. After boiling sweet potatoes mash them together with the cannellini beans.
2. Add flour plus all desired seasoning.
3. I ended up adding breadcrumbs in to thicken the mixture and making it easier for frying.
4. Heat olive oil in a frying pan then scoop mixture into patties and fry on both sides.
These ended up being QUITE delicious. I added avocado, spinach, cabbage & tomatoes to the meal.